What smartwatch accessories are available?
Nowadays, watches can do so much more than just tell the time. Smartwatches are not only popular among tech enthusiasts but have also proven to be practical everyday companions, especially for people with an active lifestyle.
In addition to practical smartphone features such as push notifications, calls, music, and social media, these small technological wonders contribute to a healthier lifestyle. Smartwatches also function as pedometers, heart rate monitors, and calorie counters. The latest models even measure and control stress levels.
Despite their small and handy size, there is a wide range of accessories available for these watches. But what smartwatch accessories are there, and which ones are truly practical and meaningful? To get the most out of your smartwatch, it is recommended that you invest in useful accessories. The selection is vast, so we've done some research and put together a collection of smartwatch accessories for you.
- For the protection of the device and display, we highly recommend protective cases and screen protectors. This ensures that the fitness band is protected from falls, scratches, and cracks, making it more robust and able to withstand everyday wear and tear. We are used to looking after our smartphones and, as with these devices, it's essential to take precautions with smartwatches or fitness trackers. A cracked display is not only unsightly and annoying but can also be expensive to fix. A protective film is inexpensive and easy to apply, saving you a trip to the repair shop.
- Bluetooth headphones are particularly practical, as there is no need to worry about cables, especially during activities like running, where they could tangle or get in the way. Wireless headphones simply need to be charged in advance via a USB cable and are ready to use in no time. As you only need a cable for charging, it is less likely to break or sustain damage. Some modern headphones also offer an Active Noise Cancelling function, enhancing the listening experience for your fitness band with MP3 function.
- Smartwatch holders are useful when the watch cannot be worn on the wrist, but you still want to enjoy its practical functions. With a smartwatch holder, you can wear the device safely in other places, such as on your waistband or belt.
While smartwatches can last for several days, intensive use can quickly deplete the battery and portable power banks are not only a practical investment for smartwatch users. External power banks can be used for various electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, or wireless headphones, making them versatile devices that can be integrated into any modern household. With a power bank in your bag, you can stay connected even on the go.
The only requirement is that you need to remember to charge the mobile battery in advance and pack a suitable USB cable. vhbw offers powerful power banks with multiple inputs and high charging capacity which reliably charge multiple devices at once. This ensures you are prepared for emergencies and can enjoy the convenience of a full battery while on the move.
- It's advisable to have spare batteries and cables at home to be prepared for possible defects or a drop in performance . If the device's battery or charging cable is damaged, charging becomes impossible, which can be very frustrating. For those who cannot or do not want to do without their smartwatch or fitness tracker, we recommend ordering replacement products in advance. Since batteries with lithium-ion cells are powerful but sensitive, it is expected that even for a smartwatch with a good battery, a battery replacement may be necessary after a few years of use. More information about batteries can be found in the next section.
- Replacement bands for smartwatches and the fitness band are essential as the fitness band is put under stress and picks up dirty easily during daily use. It can quickly develop breaks or cracks in the material, meaning your expensive device is then at risk of becoming loose. To prevent the loss of your smartwatch, it's essential to purchase a replacement band for the smartwatch in a timely manner. Electropapa offers a wide selection of affordable bands for various manufacturers and models. These are made of durable materials such as silicone, nylon, or stainless steel and are easy to replace. We also offer bands in various colours, allowing you to customise your watch according to your individual style and taste.
How long does a smartwatch battery need to charge?
After summarizing what smartwatch accessories are available, let's delve into the heart of the watch - the battery. To maintain the long service-life of the smartwatch battery, there are some charging tips to consider. It's not just about how long a smartwatch battery needs to charge but also how often it is charged. Just like smartphones, fitness watches and smartwatches are also affected by the limited lifespan of lithium-ion batteries. However, proper charging behaviour by the user can maximize your battery's performance.
As a rough guideline, the battery should never fall below 20% or exceed 80% of the charge level. This range is the ideal charge level for the lithium-ion battery, which should ideally be maintained to ensure a long battery life for the smartwatch. To avoid completely depleting the battery while on the go, it's worth carrying a power supply unit around with you. Modern versions are compact and fit in any bag.
At home, one should ensure that the device is not charged overnight. While this charging method may seem convenient, as the smartwatch is ready to use first thing in the morning, it is harmful to the battery's lifespan. Some devices have a clever charging system that maintains the charge level between 75% and 80% to maximize the battery's performance. Although it may require a change in habit for some users, it's worth charging the watch during the day. For example, this can be done during your lunch break or after dinner when relaxing at home. Although it may seem inconvenient at first, using the correct charging method significantly extends the battery's lifespan.
Smartwatch Battery Life
In addition to charging times, there are other factors that contribute to ensuring the smartwatch battery lasts long. Naturally, we want to wear our everyday companion at all times as the smartwatch helps us stay fit and connected to the outside world. This means we may feel reluctant to take it off in order to charge it. Fortunately, the charging times for modern devices are so short that the feeling of a bare wrist doesn't last long.
Next up, extreme temperatures. The lithium-ion cells of the smartwatch battery are sensitive and should not be exposed to excessive heat or extreme cold. The ideal temperature for a long battery life is between 0 and 35 degrees Celsius, which should always be maintained. If the battery is exposed to extreme cold, it discharges faster because the chemical processes inside the battery slow down. In summer, damage inside the battery can occur, which is irreparable and may necessitate a battery replacement. Instead of taking unnecessary risks, it's best to leave your beloved smartwatch at home during extreme cold or heat waves.
Smartwatch Battery Replacement
It should be noted that the battery of a smartwatch is a consumable and cannot tolerate infinite charge cycles even with the best care and responsible charging. If a defect occurs, you will notice it immediately as the watch will no longer turn on. However, the battery lifespan can slowly decrease. This process is often gradual and is only perceived when you realise your the device seems to be spending more time on the charger than on your arm and you are able to use it for shorter periods of time.
Never fear! This does not mean you need to buy a new smartwatch, it's simply time for a smartwatch battery replacement. At Electropapa, we offer compatible replacement batteries for a variety of fitness watches and smartwatches under our own brand vhbw. A low-performing battery does not necessarily mean the end of your watch because, to help protect the environment and your wallet, we offer high-quality and affordable alternatives to the expensive branded products from the original manufacturer. With the powerful batteries from vhbw, it is possible for a smartwatch to perform faultlessly for several days in a row.
For the battery replacement, you don't necessarily need to visit a professional repair shop as, with a little skill, you can easily perform the replacement at home. There are numerous guides on the internet for various manufacturer models, explaining step-by-step how to remove the old battery and install the new one. If you are not confident about doing this yourself, it's advisable to consult a professional to avoid damaging the battery and device.
Even for those who are simply wondering what kind of smartwatch accessories are available, we are here to help, as we offer not only batteries but also protective cases, display foils, replacement chargers, bands, and many other items that perfectly complement the practical functions of smartwatches. The days of expensive replacement products are over as vhbw provides an innovative solution to any electronic problem. Whether you need a new battery as quickly as possible or feel like updating your fitness smartwatch with a new band, you'll find the ideal product at Electropapa.